Almost every person who was engaged in painting work, thought about buying a spray gun (paint sprayer).
With the manual method of painting, the productivity and quality of the result will be much lower than with a special device.
Choosing an electric spray gun for all types of paint
Electric spray gun for all types of paint is a special device that can be used to properly paint any surface: vertical and horizontal.
The process is faster, and the coloring composition is applied more evenly than with manual work.
The electric gun is powered by a built-in pump. Due to the incoming air, the dye composition is broken into large drops and distributed on the object.
The main advantages of the tool are the absence of paint fog, it has a small size, simple maintenance and low price.
Therefore, an electric paint sprayer is usually used for work in everyday life.
As mentioned above, an electric gun is a household appliance, while professionals most often work with a pneumatic tool.
But even among the range of electric models, you can find semi-professional models, it all depends on their power and the permissible paint density.
The paint tank can be top, bottom, or with a special pump. How the color composition will be distributed over the surface depends on the design features of the model.
A tool with a built-in pump works from the air pumped into it, a device with a tank works from the discharged air.
The paint is applied to the sprayer by gravity and sprayed using pressure (about 8 atmospheres).
The biggest advantage of the air gun is a perfect application; the coating is laid in a uniform and thin layer.
That is why it is usually used for finishing and finishing works. Not without its disadvantages – due to the low pressure, the transfer coefficient of the coloring composition also remains low.
When spraying, the smallest particles of the substance are formed, which can not overcome the air environment, because of this, a small cloud of paint is formed – a colorful fog. Because of it, the accuracy of the application is reduced.
Spraying occurs due to high pressure (from 500 atmospheres). The design of the tool has a paint supply nozzle with a small cross-section and a high-pressure hose.
It is such paint sprayers that can be used for materials with high viscosity.
The supplied paint at the output has the shape of a torch with a clear contour.
The paint is applied to the surface without forming a paint cloud. It is used in large production facilities for large amounts of work or for applying any protective substances.
The main drawback of the gun – the result is of poor quality. If the nozzle is not suitable, or the pressure is too high, the paint will not form an even layer.
The quality of painting also depends on the shape of the object to be painted – because of the convex parts, swellings or smudges can form.
These are universal designs, suitable for any work. Models consist of several elements:
- pistol grip with a nozzle;
- container for coloring composition;
- the unit with the engine.
In some spray guns, the pump and the gun are located at a distance and are connected by a special hose, through which the air passes.
It is thanks to this structure of the device that no noise and vibration are created during operation.
These tools belong to the professional class. They have an increased transfer of the substance to the treated surface and productivity.
The design is a powerful pump and motor, closed with special housing. The station has a large weight, so it is equipped with small wheels for movement.
It is powered by a gun connected to a high-pressure hose. Similar paint sprayers have an increased set of working options.
Nuances of choice
Technical indicators that will help you choose the right electric spray gun include several points.
- Performance- this parameter indicates the speed at which the surface can be painted, as well as the efficiency of paint distribution. Household models are less powerful – up to 0.5 l / min, paint stations have a capacity of more than 2 l / min.
- Tank volume- the size of the tank determines the operating time until the next refueling.
- The diameter of the spray nozzle- the indicator depends on the substance used. An incorrectly selected size can disable the gun and spoil the result: 0.5-1.3 mm – for base paints, up to 1.6 mm-lacquers and acrylic compositions, up to 2.8 mm-putty and lacquers.
- The material of manufacture- you need to pay attention to what the main elements are made of. The parts must have the correct shape and fit perfectly together to avoid possible leaks.
- Vibration- the ergonomics of the device allows you to partially suppress vibration, for this purpose, the handles of the gun are partially or completely rubberized.
You can check and compare this characteristic when buying by turning on paint sprayers with separate and combined compressor and gun.
How to use it correctly?
General instructions that will help a novice master learn how to work with a spray gun.
- The quality of the painting directly depends on the prepared surface. It must be cleaned, degreased, and dried well.
- The next stage is the preparation of the coloring composition. The mixture is brought to the desired consistency according to the instructions.
- Adjustment of the head and size of the jet. Here it is necessary to conduct a test on paper-until the layer becomes uniform.
- The painter should wear personal protective equipment – a respirator and glasses.
- The actual painting itself is the distance from the device to the surface from 15 to 25 centimeters. The angle at which you need to hold the paint sprayer is 90 degrees. The coloring composition is applied overlapping.
- The room must be provided with good air circulation.
- After the operation, the device must be cleaned and washed immediately.